A website can either break you or make you. Your website is your number 1 asset. Whether you have a small business, or you have a large enterprise, having a website increases your business credibility. However, a website can either make or break your business. If you have clarity and a proper channel, your website will boost your business. In case it doesn’t work, it might scare away the potential site visitors. When you are investing in creating a website, you must remember the audience you are targeting, have information about the services you provide and what your business is about.
The age-old proverb goes, ‘Never judge a book by its cover.’ Unfortunately, we seem to judge everything based on looks. A study says that 40 % of visitors will leave a website if takes more than 3 seconds to load. In this article, we will highlight a few factors which make users lose interest or dislike your page.
If your visitors are losing interest and not staying on your website for a longer time, you might want to review the following factors.
- Slow website: Most of your site visitors will lose interest if your page takes a longer time to load. A study shows that 40% of users will leave a website if it doesn’t load in 3 seconds. You might this that 3 seconds is a very small margin to create any difference but even a one-second delay increases customer dissatisfaction by 16%. Therefore, you need to find a way to keep your customers engaged on your site and so that their focus doesn’t shift to another one.
- Confusing and unattractive homepage: This is another reason visitors often leave a site. If you have too much information on your homepage, users may find it difficult to skim through at a glance. Hence, keep your homepage simple and clean, don’t pack it too many words confusing the reader and getting off-track. You also must maintain a balance between keeping the page clean and the design of the page. Use better images, fonts, and themes.
- You don’t respond: On average a human spends 3 hours on phone each day. If your website is not user-friendly and shows the desktop layout even on mobile phones, it will be less convenient for the user. Optimizing your website and making it mobile-friendly will help users navigate the page with ease. This will keep the user engagement running and the visitors will stay on your site for a longer period.
- Your Content is poor: Another unattractive part of your website is your content. People often get distracted, and if your content is not catchy and appropriate it will have a higher bounce rate. Keep your content relevant to your site, it should match your services and products you offer and not just random copied articles. Your website is your definition. Let the words of your website content describe your work. Use good quality images, correct formatting, and have keywords.
- Call-to-action: Even if you have the perfect content and describing your services and products, not having the proper CTA will make your audience leave your website. CTA will help you interact with your audience and help them as to why they are on your website anyway. Your users should have a medium to contact you or even the potential buyers will lose interest. Avoid putting irrelevant information and have a CTA instead that will help you take the users to the next level and buy your services and help you achieve your business goals.
Hoping we could help you through some tips in this blog. In addition to this, you can also have a look at our other blogs here too.